Update on Buildoffsite’s involvement in sector events – May 2019
As part of the continued growth of the offsite sector, the Buildoffsite team and governing forum are delighted to represent our members at a range of sector events, workshops and discussions to enable and drive the continued use of offsite techniques and modern methods of construction.
During May, we had the pleasure of taking part in the below;
- Homes England & Design Council workshop on MMC; the workshop looked at current consumer perceptions of MMC in the UK residential sector, how the design quality can be emphasised and putting the consumer at the heart of the debate.
- UCEM event on the Built Environment of the Future; looking at future city skylines, overcoming the skills crisis and how the innovate use of technology will drive forward UK construction.
- WSBF & BBA roundtable on how offsite manufacture can increase standards in the industry; which recommended how Government should support the use of MMC through improved procurement practices & investment, as well as ways to better measure building performance and improved use of digital techniques.
- Homes England & UK Regeneration roundtable on the Oxford-Cambridge Arc development; where the plans for the arc over the next 30 years were discussed & how offsite will play a hugely crucial part of delivering this.
- Construction Scotland & Glasgow School of Art workshop exploring how to increase the use of offsite in the Scottish residential sector; focussing on design and innovation and setting out some of the solutions to overcoming the barriers to increased use.
- CLC Working Group roundtable; looking at how influencing housing clients to increase demand for smart construction & provide volume surety.
If you would like any further details on any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact us.