UKAA Roundtable – Is offsite feasible for BTR?
Presented by Buildoffsite & Geraghty Taylor
The BTR sector continues to grow rapidly! To be successful BTR requires:
- Scale to be viable;
- Quality to meet customer expectations;
- Operational efficiency to be profitable; and
- Speed of construction to ensure revenue is generated without delay.
These are characteristics that Offsite construction either shares or can deliver.
At the same time, traditional construction methods are coming under increasing pressure through a lack of capacity, particularly shortages of skilled labour, as the current workforce age and EU nationals leave Britain.
There is potentially great alignment between the BTR sector’s requirements and Offsite solutions. What then is required to enable BTR investors, developers and operators to choose Offsite construction with confidence?
This roundtable is aimed at BTR professionals seeking to learn more about Offsite construction. It will cover the opportunities and the challenges that Offsite brings to traditional development approaches.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Design for BTR – quality and flexibility
- Design, standardisation and creating efficiencies
- Offsite as a BTR business strategy not just a procurement option
- Supply chain management and influence
- Barriers and Opportunities
Event details are as below:
Date: Tuesday 11th June
Time: 8.00am to 10.30am
Address: Eversheds Sutherland, 1 Wood Street, London, EC2V 7WS
Plan your journey
8.00am – Arrival
8.00am – 8.30am – Breakfast
8.30am – 10.00am – Roundtable
10.00am – 10.30am – Networking
10.30am – Session end
If you are interested in attending this roundtable, please reserve your place ASAP as places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis with priority given to UKAA and Buildoffsite members.
This event is free to attend and breakfast will be supplied.