Offsite construction risk management
Join this webinar to learn how to approach offsite construction risk.
Working in conjunction with Buildoffsite, the voice of the offsite construction industry, CIRIA will host a webinar covering the opportunities and challenges around managing offsite construction. We will hear from Buildoffsite members and will also get the perspectives from clients, suppliers, accreditors, and brokers.
Managing Construction Risk Community of Practice
Launched in 2020, CIRIA’s Managing Construction Risk Community of Practice (CoP) brings together practitioners from the construction and insurance sectors with the objective of improving the management of risk and financial performance.
Through a series of network events and integrated resources the CoP will help deliver more focused collaboration and enhance knowledge transfer in risk management. The events examined within the CoP network include:
- Evaluating industry guidance on water damage risk management
- Offsite construction risk management
- Timber frame construction
- Improve your understanding of how all risk policies are being developed and where clear guidelines have yet to emerge attendees can help share good practice.
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of how the offsite construction sector operates to control risk.
- Find out what CIRIA’s Managing Construction Risk Community of Practice will deliver for members and how this will support practitioners with their CPD programmes.
Who should attend
- Insurance sector practitioners: risk engineers, underwriters and brokers
- Construction sector practitioners: insurance buyers, quality assurance managers, project managers as well as financial and legal experts working for asset owners and operators, T1/T2 contractors, designers and suppliers
- Procurement specialists working for publicly funded bodies
- Research community
- Trade associations
Tuesday 4 October 2022
10:30 – 12:30
10:30 Welcome and introduction
Dirk Vennix, Chief Executive, CIRIA
10:35 Sector perspective on developing offsite construction and managing risk
Nigel Fraser, Industry Advisor, Research & Standards, Buildoffsite
10:50 Stakeholder perspectives
Client perspective: Veronica Flint-Williams, Contract and Risk Manager, Environment Agency
Contractor perspective: Nick Mead, Technical Director, Laing O’Rourke
11:05 Good practice in manging offsite construction – accreditor perspective. The Buildoffsite Property Assurance Scheme (BOPAS) presents evidence that developers can demonstrate to lenders that their developments will be designed, manufactured and constructed by BOPAS organisations in accordance with an accredited design system.
Terry Mundy, Consultant, LRQA
11:25 Good practice in manging offsite construction
Broker perspective: Andy Kane, Portfolio Manager Construction and Environmental QBE (invited)
11:45 Interactive discussion and Q&A
12:25 Closing remarks
- Community of Practice members* (Environment Agency) – Free to attend
- Buildoffsite members ** – Free to attend
- CIRIA members*** – Free to attend
- Non-members*** – £45 + VAT