Offsite construction – concept design and delivery
Join this webinar for a preview of Buildoffsite and CIRIA’s new guide aimed at clients and those procuring new buildings and infrastructure to be better informed on the offsite options available in the sector and to make an initial assessment of the optimum use of offsite and MMC.
The construction sector appears to be at a tipping point with respect to wider use of MMC and, in particular, offsite solutions. To ensure that clients and suppliers realise the potential benefits, guidance is required to exploit lessons learnt by prior projects and to highlight areas where innovation is happening. The guide will support initial concept planning for offsite construction, which could then be developed into a scheme design enabling clients to be better informed to specify and procure offsite on their projects.
The guide will show what is possible when an offsite solution is sought and will enable the presumption in favour of offsite construction to be fully explored. The outputs have been derived from existing guidance and a number of virtual workshops which were held with clients and the supply chain recently.
Hear first-hand from the guide’s authors who will give a preview of the scope of the guidance and explain:
- Why use offsite
- Why a systems engineering based approach can add value
- What is different when establishing whole life cost and carbon
CIRIA works collaboratively to be the leading provider of knowledge aimed at improving performance in the UK’s built environment and construction sectors. For more information about membership, please contact Tam Simmons.
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of the offsite options available in the sector and realise the potential benefits.
- Learn how to make an initial assessment of the optimum use of offsite and MMC.
- Exploit lessons learnt by prior projects and explore areas where innovation is happening.
- Earn valuable CPD.
Who should attend
- Clients and those procuring new buildings and infrastructure
- Planners and consultants
- Suppliers of products and services
09:30 – Welcome and introduction
09:35 – The structure of the report
09.45 – Why use offsite
09.55 – Why a systems engineering based approach can add value
10.05 – What is different when establishing whole life cost and carbon
10.15 – Facilitating collaborative innovation
10.25 – Accreditation of offsite systems
10.35 – Interactive discussion and Q&A
10.55 – Closing remarks
Speaker line up
- JP Cartz, Director, WSP
- Mark Coates, International Director of Public Policy and Advocacy, Bentley Systems
- Nigel Fraser, Industry Advisor, Buildoffsite
- Nick Hacking, Partner, Sheppard Robson
- Andrew Rolf, Associate Director – Building Engineering, Arup