MMC – Overcoming the Barriers to Greater Adoption
10:00 – 11:00
Modern methods of construction (MMCs) have the potential to revolutionise house building and reaching the target of 300,000 homes per year. They bring high-quality design, innovative building methods and, perhaps most significantly, have significant sustainability benefits.
But while a good start has been made, the uptake in MMC use in housebuilding has not been as substantial as many would have liked.
Joined by an expert panel, including the Government’s MMC Champion and representatives of the MMC and development sector, we will explore how the government, housebuilding sector and MMC community can work together better to overcome the barriers to greater adoption, and what more is needed from Government to get the MMC revolution going?
- Mark Farmer (Founding Director & CEO, Cast)
- Keith Blanshard (Industry Advisor, Buildoffsite)
- Jonathan Layzell (Executive Director – Development, Stonewater)
- Dave Sheridan (Executive Chairman, Ilke Homes)
- Chair: Sarah Wardle (Associate Director, BECG)