MMC’s impact from design to whole lifecycle
Join us at our 2nd annual virtual conference dedicated to the offsite sector and the opportunities for Modern Methods of Construction (MMC). With awareness of MMC continuing to grow, this conference will focus on MMC’s impact from design to whole lifecycle and how we can overcome the challenges and barriers to wider adoption and implementation.
MMC represents the fastest growing area of construction, and has been hailed as a viable way to address the UK’s housing crisis and provide sustainable construction solutions in other sectors such as infrastructure.
However, despite its numerous benefits, barriers persist ranging from lack of industry standardisation, upfront investment and access to funding, availability of materials, to lack of stakeholder engagement including architects and designers.
This conference will shine the spotlight on:
• how MMC is helping to achieve net zero targets on projects
• MMC’s contribution to rethinking ‘value’ and whole life cycle including design and maintenance
• the role of MMC in delivering transport and logistical solutions
• financial incentives for innovating through MMC.
For more information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Susan Richards.
- Discover how MMC construction helps achieve net zero carbon targets and decarbonises the built environment.
- Hear how MMC makes it easier to design, construct, maintain, repair and repurpose assets across the whole lifecycle.
- Understand the challenges for transport and logistics, and how MMC’s approach to digitisation and data is offering solutions.
- Learn about access to funding challenges for MMC projects and how recognised industry assurance schemes are mitigating the risks.
- Earn valuable CPD.
Who should attend
Manufacturers, architects and designers, clients, consultants, contractors, academics and students, material suppliers, local authorities, procurement managers, environmental and sustainability managers, regulators, research organisations, and government bodies.
Wednesday 23 March 2022
09:00 – 13:30 GMT
Click here to view the programme and speaker line up.
Buildoffsite members: Free to attend
CIRIA members: £50 + VAT
Non-members: £100 + VAT
Buildoffsite members can register here.
Non members please sign in or create an account to register online for this event.
If you are experiencing issues registering online, please complete and return the booking form to James Nguyen.
Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining instructions will be sent 10 days before the event. The link to attend the webinar is strictly personal and should not be shared.