The Buildoffsite Housing Hub was set up at the start of 2015 to support a substantial increase in the use of offsite construction methods to increase the overall supply of new homes in the UK.
It is widely recognised that the number of new homes being built each year needs to be increased substantially – possibly doubled. It is also widely recognised that traditional methods of delivering new homes cannot be scaled up to meet the demand. The process of home-building needs to change, and that will require a step-change increase in the use of offsite methods.
The priority tasks for the Hub have been identified as:
- Connecting with key clients and client advisers to achieve client pull
- Knowledge sharing to support collaboration between clients and suppliers
- Awareness raising through promotional material and case studies
- Developing a methodology to consistently demonstrate the value added of offsite solutions
- Encouraging additional organisations to join the Buildoffsite Housing Hub.
For more information on the work of the Hub contact Jo Anderson of Buildoffsite: email@example.com