The Buildoffsite Rail Hub was set up in 2016 to encourage the use of offsite solutions in the Rail sector.
With a number of key rail projects being implemented in the UK (e.g. HS2, Crossrail, Northern Line extension and a number of stations being updated) it was a natural progression for Buildoffsite to be involved in highlighting opportunities for these projects to find using smart construction techniques.
Led by Transport for London and HS2, supported by a cross section of the supply chain and other clients, the Rail Hub has had a number of successful event and is looking to keep the moment up with more workshops and site visits planned for the rest of 2017.
The priority tasks for the Hub have been identified as:
- Connecting with key clients and client advisers to achieve client pull
- Knowledge sharing to support collaboration between clients and suppliers
- Awareness raising through promotional material and case studies
- Developing a methodology to consistently demonstrate the value added of offsite solutions
- Encouraging additional organisations to join
For more information on the work of the Hub contact: firstname.lastname@example.org